As you all know, children like toys and they like to have as much toys as they can. But, now-a-days, elders too have toys and that too, some which they can never miss. They never treat these as toys but in fact, as accessories. The only difference is these toys are a bit sophisticated and they come with a price tag. Yes, I’m talking about the things that we use in our daily life, like mobiles, mp3 players etc.
Even I own quite a few of them and the days have changed so much that I cannot imagine life without them. Let me list a few of them:
1. My watch : It’s the age old CASIO calculator watch. It’s gifted to me way back in 1998 by my uncle. In those days, watch like that is a distant dream. I used to flaunt my watch too much before my friends in those days. Now, the watch became old but believe me, I never changed the battery in that. I sometimes think of buying a new one but I can’t imagine my hand decorated by some other watch.
2. My mobile : It’s a Sony Ericsson K750i. It was the latest mobile in market when I bought it. And that the first big thing I bought for myself with my own earnings. Maybe that was why I like it very much. It got an excellent 2 mega pixel camera, a wonderful mp3 player etc. My friends and colleagues change their mobiles often but I’m more than satisfied with mine. It fell once from a colleague’s hand and bounced back such that he caught it on the bounce. Still nothing happened to it. Wow, it was like having a faithful dog never leaving your side. I listen to songs, play java games, watch videos……… still, it never let me down. I’m a proud owner of this gadget for more than 15 months.
3. My laptop : Hmmm, this was the biggest deal I’ve ever done. I never thought I’ll own one till the day I bought it. It’s a HP Pavilion dv2000 series one. A wonderful machine running on Windows Vista. I can’t write much on this as I’m using this for a period of 4 months and there’s a lot that I need to know about this. All I can say is, it’s a wonderful machine and it gave me the ultimate gaming experience.
4. My mp3 player : This was gifted to me by my close buddy about 2 and half years back. I never heard about the brand, Macvision but I cherish every song that I hear in that. There were many pleasant nights when I used to plug the earphones to it and enjoy the music along with some book. I love to hear songs sung by my favourite Sonu Nigam and Hariharan in this gadget.
5. My home theater : It’s branded GEEPAS which I very rarely hear about. And it’s the cheapest of the lot when I went to buy a home theater. But still, it gave me the best experience of watching a movie in room. My best experiences with it are watching horror movies and hearing rock music.
These are some of my favorite toys and I hope this list increases soon.